I know it has been a while since I last updated SennMagic, but that's because I decided to wait till I had enough new material.
So here it is, the new version, and yes it's another MAJOR release.
There's been some serious changes since 2.0 so I decided to bump it up to 3.0 instead of 2.1 or whatever.
So, what's new...
- I changed the classnames to reflect their purpose better:
- LogMagic => SimpleLogger
- FileMagic => FileUtils
- TextMagic => StringUtils
- UtilMagic => GeneralUtils
- I added DFCUtils, which contains some handy methods for DFC actions (more info below)
- I added ignoreCase support to StringUtils.getOccurrencesCount(...)
- I decided to split the jar, source and javadoc into 3 packages
- package: senn-magic-3.0.jar
- source: senn-magic-3.0-src.zip
- docs: senn-magic-3.0-javadoc.zip
- Last but no least, I refactored some methods and reformatted the code + javadoc
So what is DFCUtils...?
I've been busy doing alot of development on Documentum projects.
Documentum is an enterprise content management platform by EMC² (www.emc.com).
To access the Documentum content and metadata from Java, DFC is used.
DFC, or Documentum Foundation Classes, is an extensive API that allows you to do almost anything in Documentum.
DFCUtils is a helper class that contains methods to create sessions and execute DQL (Documentum Query Language).
So it saves me (and hopefully some other people too) some time.
So that's it, check out the new version at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sennmagic